- "including" is understood to mean "including without limitation";
- We collect personal information from you in the following ways:
- Registration: When you register on the Website, we collect information including your name, contact information such as an email address and/or telephone number, and the password you create. If you register as Fixer on the Website, we will also collect information including your business name, business address, and any other information in relation to your business. This information is provided voluntarily by you;
- Posting a Job: In the event that you decide to post a Job, we collect information including your post code and telephone number. This information is provided voluntarily by you;
- Posting a Delivery Job: In the event that you decide to post a Delivery Job, we collect (in addition to the information mentioned in section b of paragraph 3 above) your address and financial information such as credit/debit card numbers. This information is provided voluntarily by you;
- Marketing: We collect information including your preferences and interests to receive marketing communications from us. This information is provided voluntarily by you;
- Feedback: We may collect information in relation to any feedback posted by any Customer in respect of any Fixer. This information is provided voluntarily by you;
- Communications between Fixers and Customers: We may collect information that is posted on the Website’s online messaging system. This information is provided voluntarily by you;
- Communications between you and us: We may collect information including your name and contact information when you contact us by telephone, post, e-mail or through any other means;
- Usage of the Website and other technologies: We may collect information including your Internet Protocol address, how long you use the Website for, how often you visit the Website, and when you visit the Website. We may collect information regarding your web browser type, web browser version, and operating system. We may collect information including a list of URLs starting with a referring site, your activity on the Website, and the site you exit to. This information is automatically collected by us;
- Third parties: We may receive information from other providers such as Google and Facebook in order to improve the services that we provide to you.
Our use of Data
- Any or all of the above personal information may be required by us from time to time in order to provide you with the best possible service and experience when using our Website. Specifically, personal information may be used by us for the following reasons:
- Registration: Registering on the Website, unless you register as a Fixer, allows us to give you access to post Jobs on the Website. Registering as a Fixer allows us to give you access to provide Quotes for Jobs. We will also use information provided upon registration to contact you to notify you of any important changes to the Website. We may also use this information to transmit to you any marketing materials that may be of interest to you. If you are a Fixer and your Quote is accepted, your business address will be shared with either:
- the Customer, in the event that the Customer posts a Self-service Job. This is so that the Customer can drop off their device to you and collect it from you; or
- a Delivery Driver, in the event that the Customer posts a Delivery Job. This is so that a Delivery Driver can drop off the Customer’s device to you and collect it from you.
If you are a Fixer, your business name will be available to view on the Website by any User if they view your profile. If you are a Fixer, your business name will also appear in listings besides any Quote you choose to offer when Customers post Jobs;
- Posting a Job: Your post code allows us to provide you with Quotes offered by Fixers who are best placed to provide you with Quotes. Access to your telephone number is given to the Fixer whose Quote you choose to accept, so that they can contact you to discuss the Job that you posted. We may contact you via email and/or telephone in order to provide you with any updates in relation to the Job;
- Posting a Delivery Job: Your address allows us to send a Delivery Driver to the address in order to collect from you the device that requires work to be performed on it. This address will also be used to deliver the device back to you upon the Fixer completing the requested work. Your financial information allows us to process payment for the Delivery Job. A Delivery Driver may contact you via email and/or telephone in order to provide you with any updates in relation to the Delivery Job;
- Marketing: We may market to you by telephone and email in relation our services. You may opt-out of any marketing communications by contacting us using this contact form;
- Feedback: We may use any feedback posted in order to monitor Fixer performance and Customer satisfaction. We may also publish feedback in relation to Fixers on the Website;
- Communications between Fixers and Customers: We may use communications in order to resolve disputes between Fixers and Customers and manage our relationship with Fixers and Customers;
- Communications between you and us: We may use information in order to respond to any queries that you send to us;
- Usage of the Website and other technologies: This information is required in order to improve and develop the Website. We may also provide you with bespoke marketing communications based on your previous usage of the Website;
- Third parties: We may use such information to help create audience segments for targeted advertising and marketing communications. This information is also used to help us understand how you engage with your advertisements.
- For the delivery of direct marketing to you via e-mail, we'll need your consent, whether via an opt-in or soft-opt-in:
- soft opt-in consent is a specific type of consent which applies when you have previously engaged with us (for example, you contact us to ask us for more details about a particular product/service, and we are marketing similar products/services). Under "soft opt-in" consent, we will take your consent as given unless you opt-out.
- for other types of e-marketing, we are required to obtain your explicit consent; that is, you need to take positive and affirmative action when consenting by, for example, checking a tick box that we'll provide.
- if you are not satisfied about our approach to marketing, you have the right to withdraw consent at any time. To find out how to withdraw your consent, see the section headed "Your rights" below.
Who we share Data with
- We will share your personal information with the groups mentioned in paragraph 4 above. In addition to those groups mentioned above, we may share your personal information with:
- Third parties who supply their services and/or products to us;
- Third parties who may contact you in relation to their products and/or services for marketing purposes. Your information will only be shared if you have given us your consent to do so;
- Third party service providers who provide services to us which require the processing of personal data to help third party service providers in receipt of any shared data to perform functions on our behalf to help ensure the Website runs smoothly;
- Third party payment providers who process payments made over the Website to enable third party payment providers to process user payments and refunds;
- Our employees, agents and/or professional advisors;
- The relevant authorities to facilitate the detection of crime or the collection of taxes or duties;
Legal basis for processing Data
- We collect and use personal information from you in order to fulfil our obligations to you. We also use your personal information as it is in our legitimate interests to do so.
- We may also have a legal obligation to collect personal information from you, such as in the case of any legal proceedings which may occur.
Keeping Data secure
- We will use technical and organisational measures to safeguard your personal information, for example:
- access to your account is controlled by a password and a username that is unique to you;
- we store your information on secure servers;
- payment details are encrypted using SSL technology (typically you will see a lock icon or green address bar (or both) in your browser when we use this technology.
- If you suspect any misuse or loss or unauthorised access to your personal information, please let us know immediately by contacting us using this contact form.
- If you want detailed information from Get Safe Online on how to protect your personal information and your computers and devices against fraud, identity theft, viruses and many other online problems, please visit www.getsafeonline.org. Get Safe Online is supported by HM Government and leading businesses.
- Even if we delete your personal information, it may persist on backup or archival media for legal, tax or regulatory purposes.
- You have the following rights in relation to your personal information:
- Right to access: You have the right to request:
- copies of the information we hold about you at any time; or
- that we modify, update or delete such information. If we provide you with access to the information we hold about you, we will not charge you for this, unless your request is "manifestly unfounded or excessive." Where we are legally permitted to do so, we may refuse your request. If we refuse your request, we will tell you the reasons why;
- Right to correct: You have the right to have your personal information rectified if it is inaccurate or incomplete.
- Right to erase: You have the right to request that we delete or remove your personal information from our systems.
- Right to restrict our use of your personal information: You have the right to "block" us from using your personal information or limit the way in which we can use it.
- Right to data portability: You have the right to request that we move, copy or transfer your personal information.
- Right to object: You have the right to object to our use of your personal information including where we use it for our legitimate interests.
- To make enquiries, exercise any of your rights set out above, or withdraw your consent to the processing of your personal information (where consent is our legal basis for processing your personal information), please contact us using the contact us form.
- If you are not satisfied with the way a complaint you make in relation to your personal information is handled by us, you may be able to refer your complaint to the relevant data protection authority. For the UK, this is the Information Commissioner's Office (ICO). The ICO's contact details can be found on their website at https://ico.org.uk/.
- It is important that the personal information we hold about you is accurate and current. Please keep us informed if your personal information changes during the period for which we hold it.
Links to other websites
Changes of business ownership and control
- We may also disclose personal information to a prospective purchaser of our business or any part of it.
- In the above instances, we will take steps with the aim of ensuring your privacy is protected.
- Unless otherwise agreed, no delay, act or omission by a party in exercising any right or remedy will be deemed a waiver of that, or any other, right or remedy.
15 March 2019